Asher Roth : Asleep in the Bread Aisle

Friday, April 17, 2009




When i first heard Asher Roth last year, I was not impressed. I was a hater, yes a big one at that. Hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, umm shall i go on? one more for the road? Yes, hate. When i saw he was listed to perform at The Roots Picnic this summer, I thought eh. I mean haven't been able to log onto the internetzzz without hearing about Mr. A. Roth just about everyday, and now i understand why the net has been buzzing.

First things first let me get this out the way, Asher is no Eminem. There have only been a few rappers that we tend to embrace who lack in the melanin department that genuinely have skills. It seems like every new decade Hip Hop receives a new "Great White Hype", and Asher Roth definitely lives up to the hype. Yes, I the Grinch had a change of heart. Santa, came early to Haterville and dropped an album in my lap today. Asleep in the Bread Aisle is the major label debut from Asher, the 12 track album is nothing less than a solid album.

I mean don't get me wrong there was at least two tracks i can do without, especially the one with Keri Hilson. I'm sorry, I'm a chick, and I wasn't feeling it. Yet, of course you have to at least have one ladies track on an album. Ladies are the number one consumers when it comes to albums. Yet, Blunt Cruisin', I love College,la di da, are some of the few standout tracks on the album. Asher, I drink a 40 in your behalf. I can appreciate an album with a crazy wordplay and well a persona that is definitely every little bit of his music and is not fabricated as this music industry.

Le'Dope!

posted by Jane Dope.
9:43 PM

5 Comments:

Blogger The Medic Inc... said...

Bravoooo

I might give it a listen (just because u said so) lol

April 18, 2009 at 6:23 AM  
Blogger Mello said...

Have you heard his A Milii cover... or whatever it's called? I think he had the best out of all. That's including Lil wayne. I think he's dope :-)

April 18, 2009 at 2:40 PM  
Blogger Supernal, the Adorable Advocate said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

April 19, 2009 at 9:45 PM  
Blogger Supernal, the Adorable Advocate said...

I am still going to say ehhhh...

April 19, 2009 at 9:46 PM  
Blogger Jane Dope. said...

ahhhh yall suck, the cd was okay. It wasnt horrible like i originally thought it would be, HORRIBLE I SAY...lol...

April 22, 2009 at 7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

centerline  

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]